As I’ve mentioned before, as of December 17, I’m outta here. Between now and then, however, there remain:
- Five weeks and three days.
- Ten teaching days.
- Seventeen class sessions.
- Four sessions of office hours.
- Five committee meetings.
- Five meetings with a program administrator.
- Four department dinners.
- One set of Ph.D. orals.
- One faculty forum.
- One faculty meeting.
- One graduate student conference.
- Two teaching workshops.
- Three curriculum revision meetings.
And what is for me the kicker:
- Eleven job candidate campus visits.
I only wish I were kidding.
Oh, yeah — and there’s going to be some grading up in there somewhere, of things including:
- Sixteen final drafts of shorter papers.
- Sixteen final paper proposals.
- Twenty-five rough drafts of final projects.
- Sixteen rough drafts of graduate term papers.
- Sixteen final papers.
- Twenty-five final projects.
- Sixteen final graduate term papers.
- One senior thesis draft.
- Two final senior theses.
It would be bad enough even if I weren’t sure that there are things that will be added to the list as time goes on.