I finally managed to purchase the last of my summer plane tickets yesterday.* I’ve got a bunch of travel coming up, most of it work-related, but part of it including a bit of actual vacation — the first one I’ve taken since the notion of “vacation” actually came to have some real significance in the structure of my year.
For those of you following along at home, here’s the schedule, which begins, I am alarmed to say, a week from today:
- 6 June — fly from EWR to FRA (arriving, of course, 7 June)
- 7 June — train from FRA to Göttingen
- 8-9 June — workshop on Popular Seriality at Lichtenberg-Kolleg, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- 10 June — all quiet, save one meeting with a grad student
- 11 June — travel from Göttingen to
DarmstadtFrankfurt to give a talk at the Technische Universität DarmstadtGoethe Universität Frankfurt [Ed 06.09.12: Glad I figured out where I’m going in advance!]
- 12 June — return to Göttingen to give a talk at the Göttingen Center for Digital Humanities
- 13 June — train to FRA; fly from FRA to OPO; some manner of transportation that hasn’t yet been described to me from OPO to Guimarães, Portugal
- 14-15 June — the 16th International Conference on Electronic Publishing, a.k.a. “ElPub,” at which I’ll give a keynote and participate in a panel discussion
- 16-17 June — two days off! In Portugal!
- 18 June — ridiculously early flight out of OPO to FRA; FRA to EWR; EWR to BNA, a.k.a. Nashville, where I will promptly collapse
- 19-20 June — ADE/ADFL Joint Summer Seminar east, where I’ll be giving a talk and leading a discussion group
- 21 June — BNA through IAH to LAX
- 22 June — talk at the Hypercities NEH Summer Institute for Advanced Topics in Digital Humanities at UCLA
- 23 June — the point at which I expect all systems to fail: LAX to EWR to FRA to PRG, a.k.a. Prague, where it will be 24 June and I will be a twitchy mess
- 24 June-14 July — VACATION, WHEREIN I WILL ONLY DO THOSE THINGS I WISH TO DO, AND NOTHING MORE
- 15 July — PRG through MUC to HAM, a.k.a. Hamburg
- 16-20 July — DH 2012 and associated meetings
- 21 July — HAM to EWR
And then I’ll be back in the office on the 23rd, no doubt a bit dazed and disoriented, but extremely happy.
*So I bought that last plane ticket (EWR-FRA-PRG-HAM-EWR) and was all whew, finally done with the travel arrangements! Only to get an email two hours later from the woman booking my travel to attend a three-day workshop at Michigan State at the beginning of August. The moral of which story is never, ever, believe yourself to be done.